Sunday, June 12, 2011

Nobakov


What does Nobakov think makes a good readers? :

Nobakov believes that a good reader is one with an imagination to create the story in the book into a reality and surround it around you, in other words putting you into the book. He makes a good comparison when he mentions looking at a painting. When you look at a painting, what do you do? You step back and look at its entirety or the “big picture”. Reading a book should transform your perception on reality and be enjoyable. And that’s exactly what Nobakov believes. 

What do you believe are the characteristics of a good writer? :

I like what Nobakov said about being a good writer but I would like to add a few of my own opinions. The concept of writing could be related to persistence. Just like anything else, muscle for example. You either use it or lose it. I believe with writing there is a certain “touch” and art to it. You should be sharp with your imagination and tune it occasionally.

Do you consider yourself a good reader? :

I feel that if one is a good reader they have to enjoy the book to be able to get “into” the book. When I read a book that is really good and juicy, I am completely lost in it and it is as if nothing else around me exists. Now we can agree that everyone will come across books for school that they aren’t going to enjoy and absolutely abhor reading, they won’t apply themselves to the book as easily to a book they enjoy.




 

1 comment:

  1. I agree that it is difficult to read a book that does not entertain right off the bat. You can invest the time into some books, only to be disappointed and not glean a thing. Yet I have found that there are books that do not immediately capture my attention, but are extremely well written and have much to offer. As a reader, we want to challenge ourselves and not merely read to be entertained.

    ReplyDelete